Re: Future of Fedora Server Edition [was: Re: Fedora 34 Change: Make Fedora CoreOS a Fedora Edition (System-Wide Change)]

Dne 03. 12. 20 v 20:02 Matthew Miller napsal(a):
> Mostly the latter. I don't even really care if they end up keeping the
> distinct os-release and etc.

Is this backed by some numbers and analysis?

My personal usage is that I create **hundred thousands** VM from Fedora cloud image per year.
And I use one or two netinstall images to deploy new home server for me or friend.
And one or two runnable images when I persuade someone to try Fedora.

Cloud image clearly wins the number by orders of magnitude. But without the later we do not get the penetration and new
users. And no one willing to use cloud images.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA
Red Hat, Associate Manager ABRT/Copr, #brno, #fedora-buildsys