Re: External (non-rpm) BuidRequires - was New Mock release v2.7

Dne 02. 12. 20 v 11:51 Miro Hrončok napsal(a):
> I can imagine myself using this locally when some test dependencies are missing (e.g. in RHEL). I hope it's possible to
> use this with `mock --install` and not just as BuildRequires. It is not clear from the linked GH wiki page.

I did not thought about this. Should be easy to implement. Tracked here:
 https://github.com/rpm-software-management/mock/issues/671

> 1) Can I specify version ranges? Do I use RPM or Python syntax?

Version of module? Or version of python?
No. You cannot. Neither of them.
Can you point me to differences between RPM and Python syntax of version ranges?

> 2) I've read that a temporary RPM package is created:
>
>> To satisfy rpm dependencies Mock calls create-fake-rpm and creates a fake rpm
>> package that provides external:pypi:foo and installs it in chroot.
>
> Does the fake RPM provide pytohn3.9dist(foo)?

No. It does not. The fake rpm is there only to provide the string "external:pypi:*' so rpmbuild will proceed with building.
I can enhance it to provide pytohn3.9dist(foo). How can I get that 3.9 number?
I tried to look through existing macros and I tried to fiddle with /usr/lib/rpm/pythondistdeps.py but it does not ring
the bell.

> Should it?

I do not know. Should? :) I think it should. As it is build requirements it is welcomed and safe. Run time requirement
would be different case.

Tracked as:
https://github.com/rpm-software-management/mock/issues/672

Thank you for the feedback.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA
Red Hat, Associate Manager ABRT/Copr, #brno, #fedora-buildsys