Re: video meeting to discuss Matrix/Element and IRC

Matthew Miller wrote:
> As mentioned, we're looking at moving the Fedora Council's main chat to
> Matrix. And as part of that, we're considering a hosted Element server --
> which obviously could go quite beyond just #fedora-council. Neal suggested
> a video meeting to talk with interested people about this, and so I set up
> this when-is-good
>
>    http://whenisgood.net/k5brwbd

A video meeting about the future of text-based chatting strikes me as odd
and absurd. IMHO, any changes to the IRC infrastructure ought to be
discussed on IRC, not anywhere else. If only because that is the only way to
actually have a reasonable chance of involving the actually affected people.

Considering that Matrix can bridge to IRC channels and not the opposite, I
also think that moving to native Matrix mainly just degrades
interoperatibility.

        Kevin Kofler