Re: Fedora 34 Change: Route all Audio to PipeWire (System-Wide Change)

On 25/11/2020 10:47, Wim Taymans wrote:

but I don't want to test all this

This is ok, I can understand that you don't want to deal with possible audio problems. You
will have to install pulseaudio again and opt out. You will have to hope that other people
do sufficient testing. It is a bit strange when you are running rawhide, but hey.

I think a key problem is that this is a feature that can only really
be tested in a desktop environment and not many people run rawhide on a
desktop, so if it's only testable in rawhide how much testing will it
really get.

That's probably why people are so keen to be able to test it in F33 or
to delay it for a further cycle.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom@xxxxxxxxxx)