Re: Fedora 34 Change: Route all Audio to PipeWire (System-Wide Change)

Am 20.11.20 um 17:36 schrieb Vitaly Zaitsev via devel:
On 20.11.2020 17:26, Ben Cotton wrote:
This change proposal is to route all audio from PulseAudio and JACK to
the PipeWire Audio daemon by default.

IMO, too early. PipeWire is too unstable yet. I suggest postpone this proposal to Fedora 35.

I checked on the available docu for pipewire .. pipewire.org, gitlab etc.

Most sentences start with "We want to.." not "We have done it..."

Making this Default for anyone in 12months seems like the mother of bad ideas.

Fedora Desktop Linux is doing great at the moment, really. Comparing it to problems other OS have, I just can smile about them, if you understand ;) Putting this at risk is not helpfull for the growing Linux Desktop Segment where Fedora is part of.

Of course, testing is necessary and should be easy possible on a running prod system. I suggest to open a Test page on the fedora wiki, where people see known bugs, instructions how to test it and a fixed test case run ( use videoplayer, check for a delay, use musikplayer, check for cracks between tracks etc. etc. ).

Best regards,
Marius Schwarz