Re: video meeting to discuss Matrix/Element and IRC

On 20.11.2020 05:14, Matthew Miller wrote:
When I view this room in a private browser window, I can see the
conversation, but at the bottom, it says "Join the conversation with an
account" and presents "Sign In" / "Sign Up" buttons.

In the room settings, admins can enable or disable guests (users without Matrix accounts). Most of rooms keep this feature disabled due to spam attacks.

If the user has a Matrix account on server A, they can easily join the room on server B, and the room will be copied with the full history to their server.

The distributed Matrix rooms are a huge advantage of the Matrix protocol. They will cannot be censored or destroyed due to server outages.

--
Sincerely,
  Vitaly Zaitsev (vitaly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)