Re: Packaging rules for build from source vs BPF byte code ?

  Hi,

> QEMU ships various keymap data files which are auto-generated from data
> provided by X11, but none of these are built "from source", because the
> generated data files are considered the preferred source form.

Well, the actual reason is the X11 dependency.  qemu needs those files
also on non-X11 platforms like Windows, but generating them on non-X11
platforms doesn't work.

Also note that if we could easily gather the data needed to generate
those keymap files on all platforms we would not need them in the first
place ;)

BTW: Starting with qemu 5.2 those files will be regenerated during the
build if the required dependency (xkbcommon-devel) is available at build
time.

take care,
  Gerd