Re: Looking for sponsorship to be a package maintainer

Il 02/11/20 23:19, Isaac True ha scritto:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm hoping to become the maintainer of an orphaned package (gr-iio,
> GNU Radio blocks for Analog Devices platforms) but I need some
> sponsorship to become a package maintainer. The releng team
> recommended that I send a message on this list to hopefully find someone.
>
> I'm a software engineer and I've built a few .rpm's and .deb's over
> the years, so I'm already pretty capable at putting together a
> package. I would love for the opportunity to give back to the Fedora
> community, and to improve and unorphan a few packages.
>
> Regarding the gr-iio package, I already know what needs to be done in
> order to bring it up to speed and compiling on the new Fedora
> versions, so it wouldn't be too much effort or take too long to get
> the new version of the package ready.
>
> Regards,
> Isaac

Hi Isaac,

as gr-iio has been retired more than 8 weeks ago, a new review is
required [1]. You should fill a new package review request, mentioning
that you need a sponsor and that the ticket is about un-retiring a
package. See the wiki at [2] for all the steps to perform.

Regards
Mattia

[1]
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Orphaned_package_that_need_new_maintainers#Claiming_Ownership_of_a_Retired_Package