Re: HEADSUP: libsepol and libsemanage soname bump

On 11/4/20 3:41 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
On Wed, Nov 4, 2020 at 8:48 AM Petr Lautrbach <plautrba@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

As none of packages which require either libsepol or libsemanage use dropped
symbols and in order not to break build root during soname bumps I've added temporary
subpackages with original library versions - libsepol-compat with libsepol.so.1
and libsemanage-compat with libsemanage.so.1. These subpackage will be dropped
as soon as everything is rebuilt in Rawhide.

For some reason I thought libXXXX-compat package
naming was deprecated in favor of libXXXX1 package
naming (or libXXXX_1 if the last X was a number)
for a .1 soname example.  Although as a temporary
bypass that is going away before it is exposed in a
release I doubt it really matters, but is my understanding
correct about the preferred new naming conventions?

You are correct, "compat" in package names is no longer the proper way.

See https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/Naming/#multiple

--
Miro Hrončok