Re: Depend on git-core instead of git if possible

On Tue, 3 Nov 2020 at 19:25, Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Files in %{_bindir} already end up in the primary metadata, don't they?
> >
> > Ok, I didn't know that. Do you happen to know if there is
> > documentation of what ends up in primary metadata and what not?
> >

> There is not, but it's generally supposed to be */bin and */lib.

I think it might be a good idea to state this in packaging guidelines...

i.e. "Packages should either specify their requirements explicitly by
package names or optionally by a filesystem path for files under
/usr/bin and /usr/lib paths. Requirements on files at other paths are
technically also possible but they might trigger the need for download
of additional repodata files by dnf when such a package is being
installed, therefore they are not recommended."

... or something like that. I will need to check the exact paths etc.
but after some more polish....could i open a pull request for this
somewhere? I think it doesn't matter that lazy loading is not
implemented yet.

Thank you
clime