Re: EOL and Obsoletes in Modularity

On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 1:16 PM Petr Pisar <ppisar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Another option would be adding the EOL data into modules dist-git
> repositories. To the same branches where modules are built from. But
> a different file. Pungi would enumarate all module builds directed to
> a compose, locate their dist-git sources by mapping name:stream to
> git://src.fedoraproject/org/modules/name.git#stream and download EOL data from
> there. That would enable module maintains to control EOLs simply by pushing an
> eol.yaml file into the branch of the module.

This is not a reliable method as the branch name can be anything if
stream name is defined in modulemd. Technically even the repository name
can be anything.

You could look at the xmd section and check out the relevant commit used
to build it. That would imply you couldn't change EOL for already
built artifacts,
however. Only new ones.

Also I don't remember if xmd gets stripped during compose. If so, pungi
would need to ask MBS or Koji about every build.