Re: odd behaviour for copr builds and openmpi

On 10/30/20 9:30 PM, Mark Olesen wrote:
> I need to follow up on my own post - still haven't figured out how the
> RPM requires are done.
>
> In the first step, I've completely stripped out my package so that it
> only builds a simple library (pretty much an mpi "hello world"), and
> an executable to call it. Wrapped them in a spec file, and these also
> only create a dependency on
>
>     libmpi.so.40()(64bit)
>
> For comparison, I've rebuilt libptscotch (mpich and openmpi) using
> sources and specs pulled from the srpm. These rpms build correctly
> *and* they also have the expected dependency on
>
>     libmpi.so.40()(64bit)(openmpi-x86_64)
>

> I don't understand how the rpm dependency check on the built libraries
> works in one case, but not in the other.
>
> The only thing I can imagine is that for the ptscotch build, it uses
> mpicc instead of gcc + libraries. But even so, how is that information
> propagate through the libraries?

Are you only adding the libraries?
The mpi wrapper does varies things, and generally MPI expects to be
called using the wrappers.
openmpi's mpicc adds these flags: -I/usr/include/openmpi-x86_64 -pthread
-Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/lib64/openmpi/lib -Wl,--enable-new-dtags
-L/usr/lib64/openmpi/lib -lmpi

A link to the copr builds would be useful to see what flags you have
been using.
I would also suggest to try to build with mpicc and see whether that
fixes the issue.