[Test-Announce] Re: Fedora 33 Candidate RC-1.1 Available Now!

On Wed, 2020-10-14 at 10:43 +0000, rawhide@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> According to the schedule [1], Fedora 33 Candidate RC-1.1 is now
> available for testing. Please help us complete all the validation
> testing! For more information on release validation testing, see:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Release_validation_test_plan

To clarify this with Ben's post today: we considered this to be a non-
RC compose. In the distant past we had "test composes" (TCs) and
"release candidates" (RCs) and they were actually named differently and
built slightly differently; these days with Pungi 4 the distinction
doesn't really exist as far as the tools and naming conventions are
concerned, but we can still kind of "designate" candidate composes as
being RCs or not. We built this compose with known blockers
outstanding, so it cannot be considered an RC; we built it because we
wanted to test some updates in a compose before pushing them stable,
particularly the os-prober update:

https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2020-93c02b1d43

It would be good if folks who have systems with Windows, macOS, other
Linux distros and even other non-Linux but *nix-y OSes can test
installing alongside those, if possible, and check for any problems
that do not occur with recent nightly composes (which don't have the
new os-prober in them).

Thanks!
--
Adam Williamson