   commit 4778b265ca87608cf8dcbcec31c0230555d98784
   Author: Justin M. Forbes <jforbes@xxxxxxxxxx>
   Date:   Tue Dec 13 16:26:04 2016 -0600

       Linux v4.9-2682-ge7aa8c2 (missing secure boot as that is being
       rebased to the new upstream tree

This is quite a while ago, but my googlefoo wasn't strong enough to find
a reason why.

I am not saying this necessarily it is wrong, it just makes the dmesg
contain more data.  So I am primarily curious why Fedora and RHEL-8 has
this high debug level as the default.

We're working on an OpenVPN Data Channel Offload kernel module where we
used this debug level to give more details for debugging .... so a
default debug level of 7 prints out a lot more details which normal
production environments do not really need.   If this was a deliberate
change for a reason, we will reconsider how to enable debug logging
differently than using the printk debug levels.

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth
OpenVPN Inc