Re: Preferred way to ask for package update

On 10/11/20 3:55 PM, Andy Mender wrote:
On Sun, 11 Oct 2020 at 15:24, Kai A. Hiller <v02460@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

what ways are there to let other maintainers know that I need them to update a package? What is the preferred way to do it? Some ways that came to my mind are:

  • PR with the required changes to their package
  • Blocking on the release monitoring bugzilla bug
  • Opening a new bug against their package
  • Mailing them

I am asking because I tried those unsuccessfully, but wanted to make sure I did my part before bothering someone with the unresponsive maintainer procedure.

Best wishes
Kai

I'd say you did your share already. How long was it since you attempted all of the above?

The first try was 2020-08-29 on the release monitoring bug for python-cannonicaljson and the last was the PR about a week ago.