Re: LTO and F33

On 10/2/20 10:01 AM, Jeff Law wrote:

On 10/2/20 6:31 AM, Vitaly Zaitsev via devel wrote:
On 01.10.2020 22:48, Jeff Law wrote:
What you want to do to fix this is force -fPIC into the build flags.
That inhibits local symbol resolution and the copy relocs that are so
problematical for QT.  You can see examples of how to do this in the
clementine package.
Telegram Desktop already uses -fPIC:

You'll have to look at each and every .o file you generate in your build.  I bet you're going to find one or more that aren't compiled with PIC.

So I've got a package which is exhibiting similar behavior.  It appears the objects are being compiled with the right PIC options, but I'm still getting local resolution and COPY relocs.  I'll update you once I know what's going on.

jeff