Re: rpm's zlib and deltarpms

Michael Schroeder wrote:

Hi folks,

I just found out that the rsync patch applied to rpm's internal
zlib library makes it produce zlib-incompatible payloads. That is,
a decompress and recompress with normal zlib doesn't produce the
same output. Normally this doesn't do much harm, but with deltarpms
I need to reconstruct the exact compressed payload. So at the
moment deltarpms won't work with FC4 rpms.

Link with -lrpmio to use same zlib that rpm uses.

Seems like I have to add the patched zlib version to the deltarpm
package and somehow detect which version to use.

(Btw, the zlib license states that altered source versions must be
"plainly marked". Please do so. See zlib FAQ entry #24.)

From CHANGES, and has been in change logs: - add https://svn.uhulinux.hu/packages/dev/zlib/patches/02-rsync.patch

Plaintome.

73 de Jeff