Re: f33 latest build issues

On Sun, Sep 27, 2020 at 08:41:48AM +0000, Mattia Verga via devel wrote:
> Il 26/09/20 20:42, Kevin Fenzi ha scritto:
> > Hopefully bodhi will grow the ability to stop this from happening in
> > future milestones.
> >
> These are not all Bodhi faults: many of those builds miss F33 update in
> Bodhi.

Yeah, I think those may be happened on the branching day just around the
time bodhi was enabled. Perhaps we should look at somehow disabling
builds during branching so people are more aware of the change.

> Some other are clearly downgrades made by maintainers. For example,
> google-api-python-client-1.10.1-1.fc33 was submitted well before
> google-api-python-client-1.6.7-13.fc33 (the same happened in Rawhide).
> Same happened for pywbem.

Yes, but the 1.6.7 one has a higher Epoch.

> I remember a discussion long time ago about preventing these downgrades,
> but it was decided to allow users to do that.

Well, we want Epoch to work yes.

> For others like fabtests, there are versioning errors: you said
> fabtests-1.11.0-1.fc33 < fabtests-1.11.0rc2-1.fc33 but the maintainer
> clearly built and submitted the RC before the final version, they just
> used a wrong nvr.

Yep.

> Then there are Bodhi historic problems about obsoleting updates when
> multi build updates gets submitted... like the Ocaml one.

Yep.

> I want to say that in my opinion a critical component in Fedora
> infrastructure like Bodhi should receive some more love from RH and rely
> on at least one full time developer... there are high priority bugs
> laying around since years.

I think that would definitely be nice yes. I don't have any control over
that however.

kevin