Re: Proposing an EPEL packaging SIG

Michel Alexandre Salim <michel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> * Have an expedited flow where this SIG can request EPEL branches and
> admin access to packages if there are no response from package
> maintainers for a set period (3 days? 1 week?)
>   * whether it should be full admin access or whether such access
> should be scoped to epel* branches can be discussed. Full admin would
> make it possible to adjust the spec in Rawhide to be more EPEL
> friendly, for example

Unless I've missed something, we still don't have per-branch ACLs in
dist-git.

I don't think it's okay to force maintainers to give you admin or commit
to their packages just because you want them in EPEL.

(I'm also not one of the kind of people who really like having one spec
file for all versions of the package, but I know others disagree with me
on this.  Certainly if hypothetically I didn't want to maintain an EPEL
package I wouldn't want its logic /also/ foisted on me in rawhide.)

Thanks,
--Robbie