Re: Release criteria proposal: first boot experience

On Wed, Sep 2, 2020 at 12:57 pm, Kamil Paral <kparal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Since every screen contains just a couple of things, the "basic functionality test" as you phrased it seems to cover essentially everything that is present in there, with one arguable exception of the Enterprise Login functionality. Do you have the same impression?

Yes, it's meant to be slightly ambiguous so that QA can decide whether borderline features are basic functionality. Google account is at the top of the online accounts page and is an overwhelmingly popular service, so if that doesn't work it's surely failed basic functionality test. Enterprise accounts are a little buried. If only one type of account is broken... well, that could go either way IMO.

Anyway, in this bug, every type of account that displays a web page is broken.

This will also cover the other initial setup screen that is visible for KDE and other desktops (does it run also for ARM text installs? I'm not sure).
That one contains:
1. User Creation (Name, Username, Password, Make admin, Advanced)
And that was all (at least for my KDE install during which I didn't create a regular user).

Yes, of course it should cover KDE as well.

Michael

P.S. I'm not going to attempt to CC test@ since it will just reject my mails, since I'm not a member of the list. Hopefully your mail to there will suffice.