Re: EXTERNAL: Re: hundred percent cpu load

As tedious as it is, my suggestion is kernel bisect.

Various strategies abound. I'd probably go for course to fine
granularity: start with Fedora Live ISOs, and see clearly where it
does and doesn't happen. It sounds like the problem manifests quickly
so you don't need to reinstall or compile. Once you've got a good vs
bad kernel based on ISOs, you probably will need to compile because
koji kernels aren't kept around more than (eek! I don't know but maybe
a couple months?). I suggest not bothering with stable updates. Just
work on the mainline kernel git. 5.3.0 good, 5.7.0 bad.

make localmodconfig will significantly reduce the cost of compile time

If it's not fixed already in 5.8 or 5.9, easy to test because both are
in koji, I wouldn't assume it's just going to get fixed somehow.
Someone would have to do a bisect and report it. In very rare cases if
it's not fixed soonish (a kernel release or two) insist on lkml that
the change that caused the regression is reverted. Of course, if it's
hardware related, you won't likely find a good kernel.

--
Chris Murphy