Re: LTO and F33

On Thu, 2020-08-20 at 11:42 +0200, Vitaly Zaitsev via devel wrote:
> On 18.08.2020 17:12, Jeff Law wrote:
> > So we're at a point where the F33 FTBFS issues related to LTO that I'm aware of
> > have been resolved (by opting the package out of LTO).   I still expect some LTO
> > issues will pop up as packages fix things like missing dependencies, cmake
> > macros, etc.  I continue to be available to investigate potential LTO issues, but
> > package maintainers will need to contact me as I'm not actively looking for new
> > LTO issues.
>
> I have an LTO issue on armv7 with libtgvoip package from RPM Fusion
> (currently fixed by opting out of LTO on ARMv7). Can you check this?
This is a relatively common issue that we've still got to analyze to see what's
really going on (though at this point I think signs point to a GCC bug).

I recommend disabling LTO for armv7hl via something like this:

%ifarch armv7hl
%define _lto_cflags %{nil}
%endif

That limits the opt-out just to armv7hl and is consistent with what we're doing
in the primary Fedora repos (which in turn makes it easy to scan for and revisit
once we fix upstream issues)

Thanks,
jeff