Re: Highlights from the latest Copr release

On 12. 08. 20 11:20, Pavel Raiskup wrote:
- Copr newly provides a build-time macro %buildtag.  Its format is
    `.copr<BUILD_ID>` and is useable for auto-incrementing the package's NVR
    in subsequent builds.  It may be used in spec file like:

          Release: 1%{?dist}%{?buildtag}

    It could be useful as good-enough alternative for the Release
    auto-bumping proposal.  See the fedora devel discussion [2] for more
    info.  This is not any kind of encouragement to use it.  We added it
    there to easy testing your ideas about the automatic filling of the
    Release tag.
This is really interesting feature for some of the projects.
Can this be used in official Fedora specfiles
It is meant to be no-op as long as build system doesn't define it.  So at
least technically there's no problem.

or does it need a guideline?
I don't think it is forbidden by guidelines (we can not use macros for
other distributions, but that is a different topic).  Dunno if we need to
have an explicit ACK for this.  Ideas?

Most likely we don't. I was just trying to think ahead.

--
Miro Hrončok