Re: Duplicate package was reviewed

> > Can you please explain what you mean by conflicts? They are in
> > completely different directories.
> Libqmatrixclient is a very old version of libquotient. Compatibility
> packages should have compat- prefix.

- That is not a conflict. I do not understand what is conflicting.
- Untagging is an inappropriate action to take.
- 0.5.x (libqmatrixclient) is not "very old", it has been receiving updates and 0.6.x (libquotient) just had its first stable release last week.
- I agree that adding the compat suffix is best practice, but I do not believe that it applies in this situation. When I introduced libqmatrixclient it was still stable and libquotient was only a beta. The policy that requires this is called "Multiple packages with the same base name" which is not the case in this situation. The name "libqmatrixclient" is also already indicative of the package's version.

> Have you tried to build Git snapshots of Quaternion instead of regular
> releases at least for Rawhide?

Quaternion is under active development. I would prefer that a potentially broken version does not get branched.

> This is okay then. But it should be obsoleted by libquotient. Send me an
> email when you decide to do this.

That is what I meant by that.