Re: How do Fedora developers get access to devtoolset for testing.

Dave Love writes:

> It surprises me if that's IBM experience, and it's a bit worrying for our new system.

I no longer speak for IBM (retired) so more of a personal Linux for POWER opinion. But the Advance Toolchain (AT) provides the counter example and as it's on the 13th release (follows GCC releases, AT14 coming soon) I would say useful and valid. AT does separate builds for each distro it supports but the RHEL 8 build, installs on Fedora.

Full disclosure, AT was my  idea. The goal was to enable new POWER hardware feature for customers, who insisted on running old (stable) distributions.

Now it is likely DevToolSet has different and conflicting goals. I am willing to accept that and move on.

> Really, it isn't necessary, any more than it was for me on the Fedora
development system.

Well it is, as PVECLIB supports BE and LE. And a chroot will not handle that.