Re: Fedora flatpaks on non-x86 architectures

On 7/25/2020 3:39 PM, John M. Harris Jr wrote:
> The solution is to run the following command:
>
> `dnf install $package`. This will install your arch's version of the package
> you're looking for.

John,

This is neither helpful, nor warranted. It is clear that you don't like
the direction that Fedora is going, so perhaps it's time that you left
the project and stop commenting in the mailing list. Your needs and
wants are completely different than the direction Fedora is going and
you are attempting to impede progress by nay-saying every single change
that comes across and then poo-pooing newer technologies such as flatpak.

I suggest you move project that doesn't move as quickly so that you can
keep things the way you like it, such as Debian, or perhaps even Devuan
since you seem to have a disdain for systemd as well. Either way, you
need to stop posting to this list.

Your comment shows that you don't like flatpaks, and that's fine and you
can have that opinion, but you didn't need to respond at all.

Thank you very much for reading this, but you really need to go.

----
Erich Eickmeyer
Fedora Jam Maintainer