Re: Branch creation for unretired package

On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 10:18:39PM +0200, Andy Mender wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Jul 2020 at 22:14, Mohamed El Morabity <pikachu.2014@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm the maintainer of the nicotine+ package. This package was retired
> > before F32 branching last year (no Python 3 support at this time) and
> > I unretired it after a review request and a unretirement request
> > ticket to releng.
> > I requested a branch creation for f32 using "fedpkg request-branch",
> > as suggested in the reply to my unretirement ticket. The SCM ticket is
> > at https://pagure.io/releng/fedora-scm-requests/issue/27217
> > As replied on the ticket, I'm supposed to create by myself the branch
> > using git (git branch -b f32/git push -u origin f32), since "The
> > branch in PDC already exists" (sic). And I have no right to perform
> > the branch creation as suggested:
> >
> > Am I missing something? Is there a particular procedure for unretired
> > packages?
> >

> I was in a similar situation recently. Please, have a look here:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Orphaned_package_that_need_new_maintainers#Claiming_Ownership_of_a_Retired_Package
>
> In order to unretire a package you need to claim its maintainership and all
> already existing branches.

There is nothing like maintainership of a particular branch. You either own
the package, or you don't.

The package is already owned by "melmorabity" user, according to Pagure:

$ wget -q -O - https://src.fedoraproject.org/api/0/rpms/nicotine+
{
  "access_groups": {
    "admin": [],
    "commit": [],
    "ticket": []
  },
  "access_users": {
    "admin": [],
    "commit": [],
    "owner": [
      "melmorabity"
    ],
    "ticket": []
  },
  "close_status": [],
  "custom_keys": [],
  "date_created": "1501871308",
  "date_modified": "1595407922",
  "description": "The nicotine+ rpms",
  "fullname": "rpms/nicotine+",
  "id": 10857,
  "milestones": {},
  "name": "nicotine+",
  "namespace": "rpms",
  "parent": null,
  "priorities": {},
  "tags": [],
  "url_path": "rpms/nicotine+",
  "user": {
    "fullname": "Mohamed ElMorabity",
    "name": "melmorabity",
    "url_path": "user/melmorabity"
  }
}

If dist-git refuses pushing f32 branch as quoted in <https://pagure.io/releng/fedora-scm-requests/issue/27217#comment-666852>:

$ git push -u origin f32
Total 0 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 0
remote: Unspecified ref refs/heads/f32 is blocked
remote: Denied push for ref 'refs/heads/f32' for user 'melmorabity'
remote: All changes have been rejected
To ssh://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/rpms/nicotine+
 ! [remote rejected] f32 -> f32 (pre-receive hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://melmorabity@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/rpms/nicotine+'

Then the problem is that a synchrization of permissions between Pagure and
dist-git got broken. I recommend you asking for help rel-engs
<https://pagure.io/releng/issues>.
<https://pagure.io/releng/fedora-scm-requests/issue> SCM requests are
maintained by a robot that won't help you.

I think relengs' advice will be log out and log in on Pagure web page
<https://src.fedoraproject.org/>.

-- Petr