Re: Orphaning my golang packages

On Tue, Jul 07, 2020 at 04:57:53PM -0400, Elliott Sales de Andrade wrote:
On Tue, 7 Jul 2020 at 13:05, Fabio Valentini <decathorpe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi everybody,

I have to finally admit that I'll never again be able to play catch-up
with the ever-changing sprawling go library dependency tree of
syncthing.

I have switched to using bundled dependencies for syncthing ~years ago
already, and I do not have the time nor the energy to do the amount of
work that would be necessary to un-bundle everything again. The
following packages are now orphaned:

- golang-github-calmh-du
- golang-github-calmh-xdr
- golang-github-chmduquesne-rollinghash
- golang-github-d4l3k-messagediff

- golang-github-gobwas-glob

This one is used by hugo, and you're already admin, so you probably
want to become primary maintainer, Athos.

Taken. Thanks for the heads up here :)

- golang-github-jackpal-gateway
- golang-github-minio-sha256-simd
- golang-github-petermattis-goid
- golang-github-syncthing-notify
- golang-github-thejerf-suture
- golang-github-vitrun-qart

- golang-gopkg-asn1-ber-1
- golang-gopkg-ldap-2

These two are used by golang-vitess, Robert-André.

I think most of them have never been used for anything but building
syncthing, so they have been useless baggage for me for years. Some
are also used by other packages, and I hope that those few can find a
new home.

The packages should comply with the latest Packaging Guidelines for
Go, should be up-to-date, and are all building successfully, with
passing test suites.

Thanks.
Fabio

--