Re: The future of legacy BIOS support in Fedora.

On Wed, Jul 1, 2020 at 3:29 PM Alek Paunov <alex@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2020-06-30 14:34, Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:
> > Share your thoughts and comments on how such move might affect you so
> > feedback can be collected for the future on why such a change might be
> > bad, how it might affect the distribution and scope of such change can
> > be determined for potential system wide proposal.
> >

> Just in case if someone is not aware: syslinux (pxe, ext) shipped with
> Fedora is in very good state - form about 2016 I am using the package

I suppose "very good state" is a relative term, upstream hasn't seen a
release since 2016 so is essentially "unmaintained", not sure it
supports secure boot, probably has a bunch of CVEs (see point about
maintenance). I think it only lives on in Fedora is because I think
it's used for some (.iso?) install method, AFIACT it's eventually
glued back together when it fails to build and is generally ignored.