Re: Remove device-mapper-multipath from the Fedora workstation livecd - Fedora 33 System-Wide Change proposal

On 30 June 2020 11:10:03 CEST, Hans de Goede <hdegoede@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>With livecd installs the livecd rootfs simply gets rsync-ed over, so
>anything which is in the livecd will also end up on the real system.
>
>There is a post-install configuration phase, so I guess we could
>disable things which are only brought in when necessary with netboot
>installs in the livecd post-install configuration phase instead of
>dropping them from the livecd.
>
>That same solution would also work for dmraid, so that would be a more
>generic solution in general and as such might be better. What do
>others think?

This sounds like a very reasonable way to do it since the time when diskspace was scarce is long gone.
Disabling instead of removing will have the desired effect on boot times while not affecting those that actually need the functionality.
I think this would be a good way to go.