Re: Fedora 33 System-Wide Change proposal: Make btrfs the default file system for desktop variants

I highly oppose to this change, Btrfs was just an empty promise from the start to be the future of linux filesystems but never did get there, it's slower than traditional filesystems and I found it buggy.

I'm betting on bcachefs as the next gen fs, no one seem to have mentioned that here, I think once it gets to the point of being mainlined it will have the features of btrfs and the speed of traditional fs, to quote a recent comment from Kent Overstreet: "the phoronix numbers don't seem to align at all with how bcachefs feels in actual use; I and plenty of of other users find common operations tend to run quite a bit faster on bcachefs than other filesystems. Which is not to say the phoronix numbers are wrong - but they don't seem to be very representative in a way that hits bcachefs more than other filesystems."

Instead of adopting Btrfs, I would wait for bcachefs.