Re: Fwd: %forgemeta support for `git` tasks in checked-out code?

Le vendredi 26 juin 2020 à 07:41 -0700, PGNet Dev a écrit :
> hi,
>
> On 6/25/20 11:58 PM, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> > forgemeta works in release mode, with release archives published
> > over
> > http(s). It does not talk at all to source projects using the git
> > protocol (and that is intentional, since a lot ot things tooling-
> > side
> > do not talk the git protocol and will never talk the git protocol,
> > starting with rpm itself, spectool, etc).
>
> noted.  not clear initially from reading the docs; this helps. thx!
>
> > git is not the only scm system out there.
> (snip)
>
> sure.  i'm trying to get forge playing nice with not-included-yet hg
> sources atm :-)

I know some people have used it successfully with birbucket hg
projects, for example. The code is pretty SCM agnostic, it "only"
constructs API URLs for the major forge services out there.

> yup.  and for the moment -- while I'm getting my 'end product' sorted
> out -- that's intentional, and I'm not concerned with audit trail.

That’s fine as long as you know the limitations, and that is why I made
the technical side of the macros support this workflow too.

> > So you should have a long list of
> > %forgeurlX
>

> that's already changed in my latest ...
>
> > %tagX or %commitX
>
> fair enuf, now that the above is nice-n-clear ...
>
> that'll get announced ... here?

That will be announced on devel and packaging once there is a redhat-
rpm-config PR and a set of example copr builds to look at. The aim is
to get it done soonish, so i18n can decide if they want to push a
change that depends on it before the F33 change deadline (30th june).

First set of unit tests and test builds is green, so it should not take
long now.

> do you have a _rough_ timeframe for when that'll be consistently
> supported/usable in rpmbuild, mock & COPR?

This is very low-level work that only depends on rpm (and often not a
particular rpm version). So typically when it is done it just works in
all upper level tools (spectool, rpmlint, mock, copr, koji, etc).

Now get it done includes a redhat-rpm-config PR merge, and I do not
control how long those take (likewise, it will imply an update of the
forge and fonts packaging guidelines since they both use the same macro
engine, and FPC can ponder things ponderously sometimes).

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot