Re: Packagers with no corresponding valid bugzilla accounts

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 09:37:42AM +0200, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 05:15:17PM -0400, Christopher wrote:

> > > Because they are two different systems and you do not need an account in one to
> > > have an account in the other?
> > > We do not create account on bugzilla for the alias @fp.o automatically (and I
> > > think it's a good thing).
> >
> > The original post says "If you are a packager... you must have a
> > bugzilla account...".
> > But now, you are saying that they are separate and you do not need one
> > when you have the other.
> >
> > These two statements are in conflict.
>
> No they don't, you don't need a FAS account to have a bugzilla account and you
> don't need a bugzilla account to have a FAS account.
> That being said, if you become a member of the packager group in FAS, you must
> have a bugzilla account, which is something that is documented in the process to
> join the packager group.
> Looking at: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_package_collection_maintainers
> amusingly it even recommends that the bugzilla account be created before the FAS
> one :)

There's also another case: if you are watching a package (which
means you want to get CC'ed on bugs) you need to also have a bugzilla
account. In this case you also may not have a @fedoraproject.org alias
at all, so if we used that in bugzilla it wouldn't work for those users.

The new account system we are hoping to move to later in the year I
think will have a dedicated entry for bugzilla account, so you can put
what you prefer in it. (I'm not 100% sure that will be/is implemented,
but it was asked for).

kevin