Re: Fedora 33 Self-Contained Change proposal: Default animated background for Fedora Workstation

On Tue, 16 Jun 2020 at 12:14, Jiri Vanek <jvanek@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 6/16/20 9:18 AM, Kamil Paral wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 10:12 PM Ben Cotton <bcotton@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:bcotton@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
> >
> >     https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/DefaultAnimatedBackground
> >
> >     == Summary ==
> >     Fedora Workstation 33 uses animate background as default.
> >

> > Can somebody enlighten me what an animated background exactly means? Is it like a video/gif running
> > on your background endlessly in a loop? Or does this mean simply a wallpaper slideshow, where the
> > wallpaper changes every X minutes/hours (or possibly based on the daytime, so a different one for
> > the morning/noon/evening/night)? If the latter is correct, am I the only one who sees the term
> > "animated background" as super-confusing here?
> >

> I would like to support this qeuestion.
>
> Where  I like animated backgroundsa and am looking forward to have them done right in fedora, what
> kind of animation is in the scope here?

>From what I found after a quick search ("gnome animated background"),
apparently, it's a video-like effect, but the implementation comprises
several static images (e.g., a general background and several smaller
parts) and a file defining transitions (e.g., of those parts over that
background).

--
Iñaki Úcar