Re: Fedora 33 Self-Contained Change proposal: Distribute .repo files for modular repositories from a separate package

On 6/16/20 3:15 AM, Miro Hrončok wrote:
On 16. 06. 20 1:31, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
Dne 15. 06. 20 v 22:10 Ben Cotton napsal(a):
We install/keep fedora-repos-modular by default, users (admins) can
uninstall it if desired. No defaults are changed

How you manage to have it installed by default? It is not obvious from the linked PR to me.

I don't know yet. There are 3 possible ways I was abele to think of:

  - kickstarts
  - comps
  - compose configuration?

Originally, I was thinking I'll just add it to the same kickstart/comps as fedora-repos, unfortunately, I cannot see fedora-repos in either, so I will have to figure out trough what does the fedora-repos go in (I guess it is fedora-release-common).

Yeah it's a hard dependency of fedora-release-common. I suppose one possibility would be adding a recommends on fedora-repos-modular to fedora-release-common, but weak dependencies have an annoying tendency to creep back in when you're not looking, a kickstart/comps defaults are nicer in that regard.

Big +1 for the feature though.

	- Panu -