Re: Fedora 33 Self-Contained Change proposal: Default animated background for Fedora Workstation

On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 4:11 PM Ben Cotton <bcotton@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/DefaultAnimatedBackground
>
> == Summary ==
> Fedora Workstation 33 uses animate background as default.
>
> == Owner ==
> * Name: [[User:luya| Luya Tshimbalanga]]
> * Email: luyaATfedoraproject.org
> * Product: Workstation
>

> == Detailed Description ==
>
> Starting from Release 33, Fedora Workstation uses default animated
> background as a visual showcase. Spins and lab maintainers running on
> desktop environment unable to support animated wallpaper will be able
> to select a different frame from the default (and variant) background.
>
> == Benefit to Fedora ==
>
> Fedora Workstation will showcase its animated background seamlessly as default.
>
> Does this improve specific Spins or Editions?
>           Design Suite Labs, which is based from Workstation, and
> Fedora Silverblue will take advantage of its change. Other Spins and
> Labs will remains unaffected unless their respective maintainers wish
> to use the default animated background.
>

> == Scope ==
> * Proposal owners:
> Fedora Workstation may need a slight increase of its ISO file size in
> order to implement the animated backgrounds which are in PNG format.
> Each frame from animation will be selectable from the Background
> Settings.

So I'm confused here, does anyone know why the animated wallpapers
don't work in KDE Plasma or any other desktop? I personally love
animated wallpapers and I'd like to see this on my KDE Plasma desktop
too...