Re: Fedora 33 System-Wide Change proposal: swap on zram

On Sat, Jun 06, 2020 at 01:15:35AM -0700, Samuel Sieb wrote:
See, this is a clear indication that you don't understand what it is
doing and weren't listening to the various people trying to explain
it.

Not sure this is needed.  The conversation so far has talked about
many interesting topics which aren't covered in the proposal, and I
value the opinions of people running server / other desktop loads.

Sure, but the problem is that he keeps making incorrect claims about it and saying how bad it is and that it shouldn't be used even though multiple people have repeatedly explained that it doesn't work the way he thinks it does.

Overall, this has been a great thread. I've now learned how zram works, I've tried it out, and I won't be turning it off. :-)