Re: Adding Obsoletes to generated -debuginfo packages ?

Dne 04. 06. 20 v 11:25 Igor Raits napsal(a):
> On Thu, 2020-06-04 at 10:56 +0200, Vít Ondruch wrote:

> >> Since they do not block the upgrades, does it really matter?
>

> > They block updates. The subpackage -debuginfo requires the main
> > package.
>
> I don't think that it is true anymore, starting with Fedora 27.
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/ParallelInstallableDebuginfo
>
> ❯ sudo dnf repoquery --repo=rawhide-debuginfo --requires gnome-shell-
> debuginfo --quiet | wc -l
> 0

gnome-shell is not subpackage but main package.

Try this:

~~~

$ rpm -qpR
https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//packages/ruby/2.7.1/131.fc33/x86_64/ruby-libs-debuginfo-2.7.1-131.fc33.x86_64.rpm
rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
rpmlib(FileDigests) <= 4.6.0-1
rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
rpmlib(PayloadIsZstd) <= 5.4.18-1
ruby-debuginfo(x86-64) = 2.7.1-131.fc33

$ rpm -qpP
https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//packages/ruby/2.7.1/131.fc33/x86_64/ruby-debuginfo-2.7.1-131.fc33.x86_64.rpm
debuginfo(build-id) = 03222f2590f7d7b09b1b7bb6587ece4dc89c84a4
ruby-debuginfo = 2.7.1-131.fc33
ruby-debuginfo(x86-64) = 2.7.1-131.fc33
~~~

If we decided to drop the ruby-libs subpackage for whatever reason, the
ruby-debuginfo would not be possible to update.

Vít