apache2filter

Hey everyone,

I saw in the release notes for RHEL 4 that they have switched from apache2filter to apache2handler for processing PHP files. I just checked my copy of FC2 and noticed that apache2handler was being used as well. I have couple questions:

1) Will FC4 be using handler or the filter?

2) Does anybody know why the switch was made from handler to filter for RHEL3 -> RHEL4 (and presumably RH9/FC1 -> FC2)?

Using the filter (on RHEL3) allows me to easily include PHP output in my regular html page by turning on the IncludesNoExec directive. IncludesNoExec doesn't work using the handler because it only works with text/* file types and in order to associate php files with the handler you have to use AddType application/x-httpd-php .php. Using the Includes (no NoExec) directive is bad because it lets web developers execute command line programs from within .html pages.

Is there another way to achieve what I want with the apache2handler? or is there some other flaw in my logic?

Thanks.

Marc