Re: [HEADS UP] F33 Boost 1.73.0 rebuilds starting in a side tag

On 02/06/20 07:54 -0400, Kaleb Keithley wrote:
Is the rebuild in the side tag something that's still in progress?

I sent Jonathan an email asking, but didn't get a reply.

Sorry, I didn't see the mail until today.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/F33Boost173#Scope links to the
ticket for the side tag, which is https://pagure.io/releng/issue/9474
and that makes it clear the tag is still active.

I've built a new release of ceph (ceph-15.2.3) in the f33-boost side tag
but if this is something that's on hold I'll need to build it for f33.

Thanks.

ceph was not in my list, because it isn't returned by the first query
shown at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/F33Boost173#Dependencies

Does it actually depend on any libboost_*.so libraries, or just use
the header-only libraries? If it only uses the header-only parts it
doesn't necessarily need to be rebuilt (there won't be broken deps
when the previous boost release gets replaced in the rawhide repo,
although it's possible that other things that link to ceph or that
ceph links to will have been rebuilt, which can cause problems).

Hmm, I do see this in ceph.spec:

BuildRequires:	boost-devel
BuildRequires:	boost-random

But the repoquery doesn't say it needs them.

Generally, I only use the side tag to rebuild things that will get
broken deps if they aren't rebuilt. Other packages can be rebuilt
after the side tag is merged, or by the mass rebuild that will happen
in a few weeks.