Re: Increasing the packaging team: regular workshops/vFADs/classroom sessions on packaging

Dne 21. 05. 20 v 10:52 Ankur Sinha napsal(a):
> Hi folks,
>
> The packaging team is generally quite stretched, and we frankly need
> more people helping us out.
>
> The main issue with newcomers taking on packaging is that the learning
> curve here is much more technical then a lot of other areas in Fedora.
> So, while it is still expected that folks read the docs and learn things
> themselves, perhaps we could be more active in helping them?
>
> We've had rpm packaging classroom sessions in the past. Are any folks
> interested in restarting these? Maybe a different SIG could do a session
> each month to help newcomers get started with packaging their tools?
> Sponsors, what do you think?

There is already:
  https://docs.pagure.org/copr.copr/user_documentation.html#how-can-i-package-software-as-rpm
It already includes two recordings of such workshops.

And I encourage everyone to particapate on
  https://rpm-packaging-guide.github.io/
You can contribute to this at:
  https://github.com/redhat-developer/rpm-packaging-guide

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA
Red Hat, Associate Manager ABRT/Copr, #brno, #fedora-buildsys