Re: fedpkg fork broken?

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 7:25 AM Dominique Martinet <asmadeus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Richard Shaw wrote on Mon, May 18, 2020:
> I checked src.fp.o/settings and even though my key was still valid, it was
> going to expire this month so I went ahead and generated a new api token
> and saved it in the specified location:
> ~/.config/rpkg/fedpkg.conf

I actually hadn't used it yet, so tried just now.
Seems to work for me:

Don't know what's wrong then...

$ fedpkg fork
Fork of the repository has been created: https://src.fedoraproject.org/fork/martinetd/kernel-tools
$ git remote -v
martinetd ssh://any@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/forks/martinetd/rpms/kernel-tools.git (fetch)
martinetd ssh://any@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/forks/martinetd/rpms/kernel-tools.git (push)
origin  ssh://martinetd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/rpms/kernel-tools (fetch)
origin  ssh://martinetd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/rpms/kernel-tools (push)

so to answer your question on the other thread, it operates in place and
adds a remote. Exactly what I would have wanted :)

Ok, so this is the opposite workflow where you only clone the main repo and create a remote for your fork. Would be nice if this was documented but google didn't turn up anything useful for me. The only documentation I could find still says to do the opposite. Clone your fork and add the original as the remote (github style).

Regarding your problem, did you add the ACL "Fork a project" on your API
key?

Toggled everything on, went back and verified.

 Thanks,
Richard