Re: About early gdm logon

Hi

I use to go and grab some water while fc3 is booting at school

which is why fedora development is concerned about improving speed. see bootchart.sf.net and linked discussions for earlier efforts

. I do not
want to leave my desk as a "sitting duck" while doing this, if i can't
get a friend to watch the computer while i am away.

then you might very well choose to set up a locked screensaver by default or simply login in and wait till it completes

Another problem with the early-gdm-start thingy, is where do you display
error messages - services that fail to start etc. ? Services failing
silent are *BAD*.

good point. perhaps you should add comments to bugzilla.