Re: AskFedora: Can someone please answer this question on security fixes on

On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 11:39 AM Dominique Martinet <asmadeus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Ankur Sinha wrote on Sat, May 16, 2020:
> As subject says:
> https://ask.fedoraproject.org/t/comparing-fedora-centos-security-fix-lag/7117
>
> (I looked around a bit and couldn't find any documentation on this).

I've tried for a bit (~10 mins) but I really can't get discourse to let
me reply, probably an issue on my end but since I'm also curious about
it I can give the start of an answer here:

 - first for opaque security issues, fedora isn't on linux-distro list:
This means that fedora as its own entity does not benefit from advanced
warning when such an issue occurs, apparently.
I'm curious about this point, there is a security team[0] so it could be
interesting to get one of them on the list? I'm not following quite
close enough what they do...
[0] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Security_Team?rd=Security_Team

It lists "Red Hat", not "Red Hat Enterprise Linux", so it is entirely possible that Fedora is under the Red Hat umbrella for that list. Also, I would imagine fixes can be ported back from RHEL maintainers when they are able (and with the recent initiative to merge the kernel patches that may mean Fedora gets the kernel patches when they are able to go public).

-Ian