Re: Speed up bash starting time (slow scripts in profile.d, /etc/bash_completion.d)

Vascom wrote on Sat, May 16, 2020:
> Are you use SSD?
>
> I have 0.087s on it.

Yes, I have a SSD. The bottleneck here really is cpu speed; I have my
laptop's frequency limited to 1GHz in normal circumstances (when not
building code or similar activities) so the fan doesn't turn up

With max (4.6GHz) clocking the whole time is a bit less drastic, but
still worth more than half the time: going from 0.097s to 0.037s

I'd rather not use "I have a performant machine" as an excuse, though -
my next laptop will likely be based on a low power ARM soc and I might
not be that aggressive on throttling since it won't have a fan in the
first place, but it will likely be much slower than this :P
That's precisely the kind of thinking that makes everything feel just as
slow today than they were 20 years ago despite having much more powerful
computers...

--
Dominique