Re: cyrus-imapd (Was Re: Removed packages

Hi

I ever thought Fedora was Community Driven. It seems like RedHat needs another argument for Enterprise Linux.

Community driven doesnt mean including everything by default in core. Thats the only way to try and please everyone. core should only include default apps. dovecot is the current default.

If i ever read anything about
OpenSource it is the Freedom of Choice. What Choice? Which additional
Repo i have to use to get my Desktop/Server up and running?

We shouldnt be looking at packages moving from core to extras as removal of choice at all. Since fc4 will have extras enabled by default its easy enough to install it using yum if you prefer anything over stuff included in core already.

Maybe someday we have a extra.iso.dvd and core fits on 1 CDRom

not sure about extras isos. you will have to ask Seth but fedora core being trimmed down to 1 cd looks like a good idea to me