Re: Is dist-git a good place for work?

Dne 05. 05. 20 v 21:26 Robbie Harwood napsal(a):
> Tomas Tomecek <ttomecek@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> Thank you all for raising all the questions and concerns.
>>
>> Before I reply, I'd like to stress that we are still in a prototype
>> phase - not everything is solved (clearly) and at this point, we
>> experiment with the workflow mostly.
>>
>> Luckily, force-pushes are not allowed in dist-git,
> That's a "current state of affairs" statement, not an ideal, as I
> understand it.  Assuming that force-pushes aren't allowed means we'll
> never be able to have, e.g., non-distro branches (for testing etc.) that
> we can force push.
>
> This has been a pain point with RHEL dist-git; among other things, it
> means that branches can't be deleted.

That this is problem only when you cannot use PRs. If you can use PRs,
pushing some random branches into remote git repo is the biggest sin
IMO, because while you might delete the branch in remote repo once it is
not needed, I have this branch very likely pulled to my repo and the
amount of branches in my local repo I have no clue about just rises. So
if deleting branches was a point of RHEL dist-git, then this is sad news
for me. Pushing branches was probably useful in CVS days, but that
should not be the case anymore.

Vít