Re: Is dist-git a good place for work?

On Tue, May 05, 2020 at 12:41:06PM +0200, Tomas Tomecek wrote:
> Petr, I should have probably stressed that our target is Fedora (or
> even all Red Hat operating systems). Yes, there are hundreds of
> distributions and we cannot solve their problems. We are open for
> collaboration though - we cannot drive changes in distributions which
> we don't know or use.

If you only target Fedora, then it means that the same amount of Fedora
maintainers will maintain twofold amount of repositories. Does it indeed save
work? What's the benefit of maintaining more repositories?

Therefore I assumed you had targeted more distribution to share and
externilize the maintenance.

Maybe my problem is that I don't buy your argument that if Fedora dist-git
looks as Github, then Fedora will attract new packagers.

-- Petr