Re: OCaml packages in Rawhide are broken for long time

On Sun, May 3, 2020 at 1:47 AM Igor Gnatenko
<ignatenkobrain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is anybody planning to fix bunch of FTI (Fails To Install) ocaml
> packages in rawhide?

Richard tried an update to an OCaml 4.11 prerelease last week to
address some RISC-V problems.  Unfortunately, the ocaml-camlp5 package
needed some changes for the new OCaml version, so it failed to build,
leaving it and everything that depends on it uninstallable.  Richard
sent notification to this list of the issue, and of the fact that
camlp5 changes are available so he would try again today:

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/thread/SA6PBGIQ2QXSBWXCGBPMR52O2FGH3I3U/

If you're talking about ocaml-bin-prot, I have some package reviews
ready to go for its missing dependencies.  I'm just waiting for the
OCaml 4.11 situation to shake out, and then I'll submit them for
review, allowing us to finally get ocaml-bin-prot back into shape.

If you're talking about something else, perhaps you could specify what it is.
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/