Automatic tools for soname bumps

Hello,

first, I'm sorry for a partial screw-up of the libxc soname bump announcement.
It appears I am not alone: there are a few soname bumps each month, many of them
still unannounced.

This raises the question: shouldn't there be some sort of automatic tool for
making soname bump announcements? It seems to me that this is a thing where
computers easily beat humans: query for dependent packages, and shoot their
maintainers an email. Maybe something that could go in fedpkg? Whenever changed
sonames are detected, hold the update aside and start ringing the alarm bells?
--
Susi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor